Justin Hart, M.D., Ph.D.
Rotates to all sites
Undergraduate / Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Magna Cum Laude
Duke University Medical School
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Resident, Anderson Cancer Center
Medical Director, Wellstar Radiation Oncology Clinic at Cobb Hospital
Radiation Oncologist, Wellstar Radiation Oncology
Radiation Oncologist, North Georgia Radiation Therapy
- Adlakha, C.L., J.P. Hart, and S.V. Pizzo, Kinetics of nonproteolytic incorporation of a protein ligand into thermally activated alpha 2-macroglobulin: evidence for a novel nascent state. J Biol Chem, 2001. 276(45): p. 41547-52.
- Berwin, B., J.P. Hart, S.V. Pizzo, and C.V. Nictitate, Cutting edge: CD91-independent cross presentation of GRP94(gp96)-associated peptides. J Immunol, 2002. 168(9): p. 4282-6.
- Misra, U.K., M. Gonzalez-Gronow, G. Gawdi, J.P. Hart, C.E. Johnson, and S.V Pizzo, The role of Grp 78 in alpha 2-macroglobulin-induced signal transduction. Evidence from RNA interference that the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein is associated with, but not necessary for, GRP 78-mediated signal transduction. J Biol Chem, 2002. 277(44): p. 42082-7.
- Bradford, W.D., J.P. Hart, and S.V. Pizzo. (2002) Career Characteristics and Increasing Diversity in a Medical Scientist Training Program, 1970-2002. Pathology Education. 26(2): 29-36.
- Fields, R.C., J.G. Schoenecker, J.P. Hart, M.R. Hoffman, S.V. Pizzo, and J.H. Lawson, Protease activated receptor-2 signaling triggers dendritic cell development. Am J Pathol, 2003. 162(6): p. 1817-22.
- Berwin, B., J.P Hart, S. Rice, C. Gass, S.V. Pizzo, S.R. Post, and C.V. Nicchitta, Scavenger receptor-A mediates gp96/GRP94 and calreticulin internalization by antigen-presenting cells. Embo J, 2003. 22(22): p. 6127-36.
- Justin Patrick Hart, M.D., Ph.D. McLachlan, J.B., J.P. Hart, S.V. Pizzo, H.F. Staats, M.D. Gunn, and S.N. Abraham, Mast cell derived tumor necrosis factor induces hypertrophy of draining lymph nodes during infection. Nat Immunol, 2003. 4(12): p. 1199-205.
- Hart, J.P., M.D. Gunn, and S.V. Pizzo, A CD91-positive subset of CDllc+ blood dendritic cells: characterization of the APC that functions to enhance adaptive immune responses against CD91-targeted antigens. J Immunol, 2004. 172(1): p. 70-8.
- Williams, E.A., R.J. Ing, J.P. Hart, J. Jaggers, F.H. Kern, D.M. Craig, and S.V. Pizzo, Soluble alpha2-macroglobulin receptor is increased in endotracheal aspirates from infants and children after cardiopulmonary bypass. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 2005. 129(5): p. 1098-103.
- Hart, J.P., G. Broadwater, Z. Rabbani, B.J. Moeller, R. Clough, D. Huang, G.A. Sempowski, M. Dewhirst, S.V. Pizzo, Z. Vujaskovic, and M.S. Anscher, Cytokine profiling for prediction of symptomatic radiation-induced lung injury. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2005. 63(5): p. 1448 54.
- Gurrero, T., V. Johnson, J. Hart, T. Pan, M. Khan, D. Luo, Z. Liao, J. Ajani, C. Stevens, and R. Komaki, Radiation Pneumonitis: Local dose versus [18F)-Fluorodeoxyglucose uptake response in irradiated lung. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2007. 68(4): p. 1030-5.
- McLachlan JB, Shelburne CP, Hart JP, Pizzo SV, Goyal R, Brooking-Dixon R, Staats HF, Abraham SN. Mast cell activators: a new class of highly effective vaccine adjuvants. Nat Med, 2008 May;14(5):536-41.
- Hart, J.P., M. R. McCurdy, M. Ezhil, W. Wei, M. Khan, D. Luo, R.F. Munden, V.E. Johnson, and T.M. Guerrero. Radiation Pneumonitis: Correlation of toxicity with pulmonary metabolic radiation response. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 Jul 15;71(4):967-71.
Hart, J.P. and S.V. Pizzo. Alpha-Macroglobulins and Kunins. In: Colman, R.W., A.W. Clowes, S.Z. Goldhaber, V.J. Marger, and J.N. George ed. Hemostasis and Thrombosis: Basic Principles and Clinical Practice, 5th edition. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2006: 395-407.
+ Selected Meeting Presentations
- Hart, J.P., Z.N. Rabbani, L.P. Hale, L. Chen, J. Wu, O. Craciunescu, M.W. Dewhirst MW, S.V. Pizzo, M.S. Anscher, and Z. Vujaskovic, (2004) The serine protease inhibitor camostat mesilate increases the incidence of lethal gastrointestinal toxicity following radiation therapy. Radiation Research Society Annual Meeting (St. Louis, MO). Poster and oral poster discussion.
- Hart, J.P., Z.N. Rabbani, S.V. Pizzo, Z. Vujaskovic, and M.S. Anscher, (2004) Cytokine profiling to predict radiation-induced lung injury. ASTRO Annual Meeting (Atlanta, GA). Oral presentation
- Hart, J.P., T. Guerrero, V. Johnson, M. Khan, D. Luo, T. Pan, J. Ajani, E.L. Travis, R. Komaki, Z. Liao. , et al.,Radiation Pneumonitis: Correlation of Clinical Toxicity with Pulmonary [18F] Fluorodeoxyglucose Uptake Dose Response. Poster Discussion Session, 2007 ASTRO, (Los Angeles, CA).
- Justin Patrick Hart, M.D., Ph.D. Hart, J.P. , J. Carpenter, N. Patel, D. Valdecanas, K. Mason & L. Milas. CpG Oligodeoxynucleotides (CPG ODN) Immunotherapy Enhances Tumor Radioresponse: Systemic Effects and Mechanisms. Poster Discussion Session, 2008 ASTRO, (Boston, MA).
- Hart, J.P., J. Carpenter, N. Patel, D. Valdecanas, K. Mason & L. Milas. CpG Oligodeoxynucleotides (CPG ODN) Immunotherapy Enhances Tumor Radioresponse: Systemic Effects and Mechanisms. Paper Presentation, 2008 RSNA (Chicago, IL).
- Williams, E.A., R.J. Ing, J.P Hart, J. Jaggers, and S.V. Pizzo, (2003) Soluble lipoprotein receptor related protein is present in endotracheal suctioning after cardiopulmonary bypass in infants and children. American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine. 167(7):A731.
- Hart, J.P., Z.N. Rabbani, L.P. Hale, L. Chen, J. Wu, O. Craciunescu, M.W. Dewhirst, S.V. Pizzo, M.S. Anscher, and Z. Vujaskovic, (February 18-22, 2004) The serine protease inhibitor camostat mesilate increases the incidence of lethal gastrointestinal toxicity following radiation therapy. Radiation Biology and Cancer: From Molecular Response to the Clinic. (Dana Point, CA) An American Association for Cancer Research Special Conference being held in collaboration with the Radiation Research Society
- McLachlan, J.B., H.F. Staats, J.P. Hart, S.V. Pizzo, C.P. Shelburne, R. Goyal, and S.N. Abraham, A mast cell activator with potent mucosal and systemic vaccine adjuvant activity when delivered intranasally. MODERN VACCINE/ADJUVANT FORMULATION – MVAF 2004 CONFERENCE – 15-17 September 2004, Prague, Czech Republic
Comments are closed.