University of North Carolina
Bachelor of Science with Distinction
University of North Carol
Doctor of Medicine with Honors
1. Roof KS, Coen J, Lynch TJ, et al: Concurrent Cisplatin, 5-FU, pachtaxel and radiation therapy in patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer. Int Journal Radiation Onoclogy Biol Phys. 2006 July 15; 65 (4): 1120-8.
2. Roof KS, Fidias P, Lynch TJ, Ancukiewicz M, Choi NC: Radiation Dose Escalation in Limited-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Int. J. Radiation Oncology Biol. Phys. 2003; 57:701-708.
3. Roof KS, Fidias P, Lynch TJ, Choi NC. Radiation Dose Intensification in Limited-Stage Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Clinical Lung Cancer 2003; 4:339-346
4. Reap EA, Roof K, Maynor K, Borrero M, Booker J, and Cohen PL: Radiation and Stress-Induced Apoptosis: A Role for Fas / Fas Ligand Interactions. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science. 1997; 94: 5750-5755.
5. Reap EA, Roof K, Maynor K, and Cohen PL: Markedly Diminished Radiation-induced Lymphocyte Apoptosis in lpr Mice Suggests a Role for Fas in Eliminating Damaged Cells. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 1997; 815:116-118.
+ Selected Meeting Presentations
1. Roof K, A Mazal, S Sarkar, J Leong, AL Zietman, G.T.Y. Chen, WU Shipley. Inter-f raction bladder motion during radical radiotherapy treatment of muscle invading bladder cancer: An analysis of serial CT images and CT-BAT data to better define appropriate PTV expansion beyond the bladder. Poster Presentation at the ASTRO Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA 10/2004
2. Roof K, Coen J, Lynch TJ, Wright C, Fidias P, Willett CG, Choi NC. Neo-adjuvant radiation, cisplatin, 5-FU +/- paclitaxel in locally advanced esophageal cancer. Presented at ASCO 2004 Annual Conference in New Orleans, LA 6/2004.
3. Roof K, Ancukwiecz M, Fidias P, Lynch T, Choi, NC: Radiation Dose Escalation in Limited Stage Small Cell Lung Cancer. Poster presentation at the 2002 ASCO Annual Conference in Orlando, FL 5/2002.
4. Roof K and Cowan K. Purging of Breast Cancer Cell Contaminants from Autologous Stem Cell Harvests: A Novel Gene Therapy Based Approach. Platform presentation at Howard Hughes Medical Institute-National Institutes of Health Research Scholars’ Science Symposium in Bethesda, MD 5/19-21/98.
Comments are closed.