COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Updates
COVID-19, or Novel Coronavirus, is a global concern. At SERO Group, we’re here to support you. In addition to existing services, we have deployed more virtual visits and are practicing physical distancing to mitigate risk to patients, caregivers and family.
SERO is open and will continue to serve our patients and their families throughout COVID-19 management and response efforts. For more information on hours or setting an appointment, please contact your local cancer treatment center directly.
If you have an existing appointment with SERO and are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact the location where you are receiving care as soon as possible. For your safety and the safety of other patients, we will reschedule your appointment or set up a virtual meeting. Symptoms include fever, chills, cough, and shortness of breath. Other symptoms of respiratory illness may also be a sign of COVID-19.
The Latest Updates on COVID-19
For more information about COVID-19 and the latest public health developments, please visit the dedicated COVID-19 resources from the CDC and WHO.
Upcoming SERO Appointments: Assess Your Risk Level
Essential resources, services, and businesses will remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes SERO. We remain committed to providing you with the reliable, compassionate care that you have come to expect from us.
If you have an appointment with SERO in the upcoming weeks or months, we ask that you use the tools provided by major hospital networks to assess your risk and determine next steps. If you have any questions about your appointment, your risk level, or the next steps recommended by your trusted healthcare providers, please contact your treatment center directly. We will work with you to determine the best way to move forward with your appointment or treatment regimen.
Atrium Health’s Coronavirus resources include:
- Free COVID-19 risk assessments, which you can do online, over the phone, or via video with a nurse
- eVisit and Virtual Visit information
- COVID-19 updates and FAQs
Novant Health’s Coronavirus resources include:
- COVID-19 risk level self-assessments
- Virtual care options
- COVID-19 screening centers
- Hospital and clinic information
- Updates and resources
Educational Information from Hospital Locations and Networks
CaroMont Health is offering patients and the public educational information on COVID-19, including what to do if you think you may have the virus.
- Information on COVID-19 symptoms, spread, and protection measures
- Visitor and patient restrictions and policies
- Steps to take if you’ve been exposed to or are showing symptoms of COVID-19
Catawba Valley Medical Center is maintaining a dedicated Coronavirus page with information on:
- Coronavirus prevention and best practices for individuals and families
- Home health management
- Hospital and visitation updates
- Closures, cancellations and scheduling changes that could affect current and new patients
Frye Regional Medical Center has published a message to their community and patients including:
- Details on how Frye Regional Medical Center is handling the pandemic, including safety measures and guidelines for visitors
- COVID-19 testing guidelines
- Proper hand hygiene information
Other COVID-19 Resources
Your health and safety are our top priorities. Our team is available and will work with you and your family to make sure any and all concerns are addressed. If you have any concerns related to your appointment, cancer treatment regimen, or how the coronavirus pandemic will affect you, please get in touch. We are always available to answer questions and discuss your concerns.
For more information on the COVID-19 in your area, please visit: