Anshu K. Jain, MD
About Dr. Jain
May 1, 2015
West Virginia Board of Medicine
Kentucky Board of Medicine
Member, American Society of Clinical Oncology
Member, American Society for Radiation Oncology
Awards & Affiliations
1999 - 2003
Durham, North Carolina
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
University of Texas Southwestern
Certificate in Clinical Science
University of Kentucky College of Medicine
2005 - 2009
Doctor of Medicine
Massachusetts General Hospital
2009 - 2010
Resident, Department of Internal Medicine
Columbia University Medical Center / NY Presbyterian
2010 - 2014
New York, New York
Resident, Department of Radiation Oncology, Chief Resident from 2013 - 2014
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
2014 - 2014
New York, New York
Resident, Department of Radiation Oncology
Charlotte, North Carolina
Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
Find Dr. Jain’s full list of publications on PubMed here.
- Jain AK, Fennell ML, Chagpar AB, Connolly HK, Nembhard IM. Moving Toward Improved Teamwork in Cancer Care: The Role of Psychological Safety in Team Communication. Journal of Oncology Practice. 2016 Nov;12(11):1000-1011. PMID: 27756800
- Zhang W, Mao J, Zhu W, Jain AK, Liu K, Brown JB, Karpen GH. Centromere and kinetochore gene misexpression predicts cancer patient survival and response to radiotherapy and chemotherapy. Accepted. Nature Communications. 2016 Aug 31;7:12619. doi: 10.1038/ncomms12619. PMID: 27577169
- Jain AK and Yamada YJ. The Role of SBRT and SRS in the Re-irradiation of Metastatic Spinal Tumors. Expert Review of Anticancer Therapy. 2014 Oct; 14(10):1141-52. PMID: 25066490
- Russo S. Jain AK, Saif MW. Adjuvant strategies for resectable pancreatic cancer: have we made progress? Journal of the Pancreas. 2012 Mar 10; 13(12):139-142. PMID: 22406585
- Daly ME, Le QT, Jain AK, Maxim PG, Hsu A, Loo BW, Kaplan MJ, Fischbein NJ, Colevas AD, Pinto H, Daniel T. Chang DT. Intensity-Modulated Radiotherapy for Locally Advanced Cancers of the Larynx and Hypopharynx. Head and Neck. 2011 Jan;33(1):103-11. PMID: 20848427
- Majmudar A, Jain AK, Chaudry J, Schwartz RW. High-performance teams and the physician leader: an overview. Journal of Surgical Education. 2010 Jul-Aug; 67(4):205-9. PMID: 20816354
- Jain AK, Hughes RS, Sandler AB, Dowlati A, Schwartzberg LS, Dobbs T, Schlabach L, Wu J, Muldowney NJ, Choy H. A Phase II Study of Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy with Weekly Docetaxel, Carboplatin, and Radiation Therapy Followed by Consolidation Chemotherapy with Docetaxel and Carboplatin for Locally Advanced Inoperable Non-small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2009 Jun; 4(6): 722-7. PMID: 19404213
- Choy H, Jain AK, Moughan J, Curran W, Whipple G, Demas WF, Ettinger DS. A Phase I Trial of Concurrent Gemcitabine/Carboplatin or Gemcitabine/Paclitaxel and Radiation Therapy (“Ping-Pong
Trial”) Followed By Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Patients with Favorable Prognosis Inoperable Stage IIIA/B Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Journal of Thoracic Oncology. 2009 Jan; 4(1): 80-6. PMID: 19096311
- Chaudry J, Jain A, McKenzie S, Schwartz RW. Physician Leadership: The Competencies of Change. Journal of Surgical Education. 2008. May-Jun; 65(3): 213-220, PMID: 18571135
- Jain AK, Thompson JM, Chaudry J, McKenzie S, Schwartz RW. High Performance Teams for Current and Future Physician Leaders: An Introduction. Journal of Surgical Education 2008. MarApr; 65(2): 145-50, PMID: 18439540
- Jain AK, Thompson JM, Kelley SM, Schwartz RW. Fundamentals of Service Lines and the Necessity of Physician-Leaders. Surgical Innovation. 2006, 13(2): 136-144, PMID: 17012155
- Jain AK*, Moore SM*, Yamaguchi K, Eling TE, Baek SJ. Selective Nonsteroidal AntiInflammatory Drugs Induce Thymosin Beta-4 and Alter Actin Cytoskeletal Organization in Human Colorectal Cancer Cells. The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 2004, 311(3) 885-891, PMID: 15292456 (*contributed equally)
- Jacqueline Kelly and Anshu K. Jain. Chapter 15: Oropharynx and Hypopharynx in Radiation Oncology: Management Decisions 4th ed. Wolters Kluwer Health, 2018.
- Benjamin Kann and Anshu K. Jain. Chapter 16: Larynx in Radiation Oncology: Management Decisions 4th ed. Wolters Kluwer Health, 2018.
- Joseph Miccio, John Stahl, and Anshu K. Jain. Chapter 17: Rare Tumors of the Head and Neck in Radiation Oncology: Management Decisions 4th ed. Wolters Kluwer Health, 2018.
- Anshu K. Jain, Nicole M. Hsu, Tony J. Wang, K.S. Clifford Chao. Paranasal Sinuses and Nasal Cavity in Practical Essentials of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, 3rd Edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2013.
- Anshu K. Jain, Nicole M. Hsu, K.S. Clifford Chao. Oral Cavity in Practical Essentials of Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy, 3rd Edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2013.
- Contributor for “Clinician’s Pocket Drug Reference 2008” by Leonard G. Gomella, Steven A. Haist, Aimee Gelhot Adams, Kelly M. Smith. McGraw Hill Medical Publishing, 2008.
Selected Meeting Presentations
- 05/2018 | “Stereotactic Radiotherapy and Immunotherapy: Advances in Combined Therapy” Nevada Oncology Society Spring Meeting, Las Vegas, NV
- 05/2018 | “The Oncology Care Model: Conundrums For Oncology Value Based Care” West Virginia Oncology Society Spring Conference
- 11/2017 | “Stereotactic Radiotherapy and Immunotherapy: Advances in Combined Therapy and Future Directions” Nevada Oncology Society Fall Meeting, Reno, NV
- 05/2017 | “Radiation Oncology Landscape: Immunotherapy and Beyond” West Virginia Oncology Society Spring Conference
- 04/2017 | “Oncology Imaging Advances and Applications” Kentucky Society of Radiologic Technologists Spring Meeting
- 2014 | “Advances in Early Stage Lung Radiotherapy” Annual Nursing Oncology Update – Our Lady of Bellefonte Hospital
- 2007 | “Rediscovering Teamwork: High Performance Teams and UK Healthcare” University of Kentucky Interprofessional Education Conference
- *Jain AK, Fennell M, Chagpar AB, Connolly HK, Nembhard I. Managing Communication in Multidisciplinary Treatment Planning. 2016 Feb 25. NCI-ASCO Teams in Cancer Care Workshop / ASCO Quality Symposium.
- Jain AK, Lameka KA, Yan SX, Zhao B, Divgi C, Leung DK, Cheng SK, Chao K. A Pilot Study of FLT-PET as an Early Imaging Biomarker in the Trimodality Treatment of Patients with Thoracic Malignancies. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2014 Sept. 90(1): S669
- Cheng SK, Stephenson K, Jain A, Horowitz DP, Yan SX, Wang T, Chao K, Hei TK. The Effects of B-Adrenergic Antagonists on Radiation Therapy for Locally Advanced Lung Cancers. International
Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2014 Sept. 90(1): S214-215.
- Shah A, Jain AK, Xanthopoulos EP, Carrier D, Cheng SK, Deutsch I, Chao C. Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy, Conventional Single-Fraction Radiation Therapy, and Medical Management Alone for a Painful Localized Spine Metastasis. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2014 Sept. 90(1): S588-589.
- Jain AK and Wang TJ. Malignant Tumors of the Lacrimal Gland: A SEER Analysis. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2013 Oct. 87(2): S269-270.
- Ping Y, Jain A, Cheng S, Chao C. Clinical Confirmation of Direct Noninvasive Ultrasonography Respiration Monitoring System in Improving Organ Motion Artifact of 4DCT. International Journal
of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2013 Oct. 87(2): S706-707.
- Jain AK, Shuryak I, Ng J, Chao KS, Brenner DJ, Deutsch I. Predicting the Risk of Secondary Malignancies Associated With Pelvic Nodal Irradiation in the Treatment of Prostate Cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2012 Nov. 84(3): S372.
- **Jain AK, Horowitz DP, Chao KSC, Burri RJ. Factors Affecting the Impact of Neoadjuvant Radiation on Survival in Locally Advanced NSCLC: A SEER Database Analysis. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2011 Oct. 81(2): S163-64. **Poster Discussion Recognition
- Burri RJ, Jain AK, Horowitz DP, Deutsch I, Chao KSC. Adjuvant Radiation Therapy in Older Patients with T2N0 Bladder Cancer Undergoing Limited Surgical Reseaction: A SEER Database Analysis. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 2011 Oct. 81(2): S448.
- Jain AK, Salama JK, Stenson KM, Blair E, Cohen EE, Witt M, Haraf DJ, Vokes EE. Correlation of body mass index with toxicity and survival in locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer patients treated with induction chemotherapy and concurrent chemoradiotherapy. Journal of Clinical Oncology 27:15s, 2009 (suppl; abstr 6074)
- *Jain AK, Das AK, Cho J, Sato M, Minna JD, Nirodi CS. The Effects of Radiation and AntiEGFR Therapy in an Isogenic Human Bronchial Epithelial Cell Line Model. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics. 2008 Sept; 75(1): S2 (Abstract # 4)
- Hughes RS, Sandler A, Jain AK, Dowlati A, Schwartzberg L, Dobbs T, Schlabach L, Wu J, Muldowney N, Choy H. A phase II study of concurrent chemoradiotherapy with weekly docetaxel, carboplatin, and radiation therapy followed by consolidation chemotherapy with docetaxel and carboplatin for locally advanced inoperable non-small cell lung cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology. 2008:26 (May 20 suppl; abstr 7565)
- *Jain AK, Das AK, Cho J, Sato M, Minna JD, Nirodi CS. Determining the Necessary Domains for Mutant EGFR-mediated Radiosensitization in an Isogenic Human Bronchial Epithelial Cell Line Model. Radiation Research (Abstr MS 308)
**Poster Discussion Recognition
Teaching and Mentorship
- 2014-present | Dept. of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale School of Medicine
Monthly teaching sessions and lectures on the principles and practice of clinical Radiation Oncology to fellows, residents, and medical students
- 2017 | Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT
Thesis Faculty Advisor to Kimberly Bundick, MPH Candidate (Received with honors)
Formal Teaching of Peers (e.g. CME and other continuing education courses)
- 2016 | UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
Faculty Examiner – 3rd Annual UCLA Radiation Oncology Education Symposium
- 2014 | Grand Rounds, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, Columbia Univ Medical Center
“The Role of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy in the Re-irradiation of Metastatic Spinal Tumors”
- 2013 | Grand Rounds, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, Columbia Univ Medical Center
“The Radiotherapeutic Management of Thymoma”
- 2012 | Grand Rounds, Dept. of Radiation Oncology, Columbia Univ Medical Center
“EGFR and Radiotherapy in NSCLC: Translational Investigations”