After earning a Bachelor of Science in Public Health (with a minor in Chemistry) from the University of North Carolina, I began my medical training at the UNC School of Medicine. I then moved to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for my residency, where I served as Chief Resident in Radiation Oncology and spent time researching proton therapy, hepatocellular carcinoma, and the impact of the human microbiome on cancer treatment outcomes. In my free time, I enjoy golf, table tennis, and landscape photography.
Jahan Mohiuddin, MD
location_onRotates to multiple locations
About Dr. Mohiuddin
"I’m privileged that my research helps empower patients with evidence-based strategies to positively influence their health."Dr. Mohiuddin
American Brachytherapy Society
American College of Radiology
American Society for Radiation Oncology
Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
American Society of Clinical Oncology
Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
2017 — 2021
Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
2011 — 2016
Chapel Hill, NC
Doctor of Medicine
University of North Carolina, Gillings School of Global Public Health
2006 — 2010
Chapel Hill, NC
Bachelor of Science in Public Health
Environmental Health with Highest Honors
Research Technician, University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC
Chief Resident, Radiation Oncology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Mohiuddin JJ, Chu B, Facciabene A, Poirier K, Wang X, Doucette A, Zheng C, Xu W, Anstadt EJ, Amaravadi RK, Karakousis GC, Mitchell TC, Huang AC, Shabason JE, Lin A, SwisherMcClure S, Maity A, Schuchter LM, Lukens JN. Association of antibiotic exposure with survival and toxicity in patients with melanoma receiving immunotherapy. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2020 Apr 15. pii: doi: 10.1093/jnci/djaa057.
- Mohiuddin JJ, Narayan V, Venigalla S, Vapiwala N. Variations in patterns of concurrent androgen deprivation therapy use based on dose escalation with external beam radiotherapy vs. brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer. Brachytherapy 18.3 (2019): 322-331.
- Mohiuddin JJ, Deal AM, Lund JL, Carey LA, Baker BR, Zagar TM, Jones EL, Marks LB, Chen RC. Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Reducing Mastectomy for Women with Breast Cancer. JNCI Cancer Spectrum, Volume 1, Issue 1, 1 September
- Mohiuddin JJ, Deal AM, Carey LA, Lund JL, Baker BR, Zagar TM, Jones EL, Marks LB, Chen RC. Neoadjuvant Systemic Therapy Use For Younger Patients With Breast Cancer Treated In Different Types Of Cancer Centers Across The United States. Journal of the American
College of Surgeons 223.5 (2016): 717-728.e4.
- Falchook AD, Basak R, Mohiuddin JJ, Chen RC. Use Of Androgen Deprivation Therapy With Radiotherapy For Intermediate- And High-Risk Prostate Cancer Across The United States. JAMA Oncology 2.9 (2016): 1236.
- Falchook AD, Basak R, Mohiuddin JJ, Chen RC. Evaluation Of The Effectiveness Of Adding Androgen Deprivation To Modern Dose-Escalated Radiotherapy For Men With Favorable Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer. Cancer 122.15 (2016): 2341-2349.
- Baker BR, Basak R, Mohiuddin JJ, Chen RC. Use Of Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy For Prostate Cancer In The United States From 2004 Through 2012. Cancer 122.14 (2016): 2234-2241.
- Mohiuddin JJ, Baker BR, Chen RC. Radiotherapy for high-risk prostate cancer. Nature Reviews Urology 12.3 (2015): 145-154.
- Baker BR, Mohiuddin JJ, Chen RC. The Role of Radiotherapy in Node-Positive Prostate Cancer. Oncology (Williston Park, NY) 29.2 (2015).
- King SL, Mohiuddin JJ, Dekaney CM. Paneth cells expand from newly created and preexisting cells during repair after doxorubicin-induced damage. American Journal of Physiology-Gastrointestinal and Liver Physiology 305.2 (2013): G151-G162. Jahan Mohiuddin 4
- Beck MR, Dixon RD, Goicoechea SM, Murphy GS, Brungardt JG, Beam MT, Srinath P, Patel J, Mohiuddin J, Otey CA, Campbell SL. Structure and function of palladin’s actin binding domain. Journal of molecular biology 425.18 (2013): 3325-3337.
Selected Meeting Presentations
- Grandhi N, Mohiuddin JJ*, Plastaras J, Metz JM, Lukens JN, Karasic T, Reiss-Binder K, BenJosef E, Wojcieszynski A. Outcomes of Pencil Beam Scanning Proton Therapy for Anal Cancer: A Single Institution Study. Presented as an oral abstract at the Annual Meeting of the American Radium Society, Dana Point, April, 2019. *Presenter
- Mohiuddin JJ, Narayan V, Venigalla S, Vapiwala N. (2018). Variations in patterns of concurrent androgen deprivation therapy use based on dose escalation with external beam radiotherapy vs. brachytherapy boost for prostate cancer. Presented as a poster Question and Answer session at the Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology, San Antonio, October, 2018.
- Mohiuddin JJ, Deal AM, Lund JL, Carey LA, Baker BR, Zagar TM, Jones EL, Marks LB, Chen RC. (2015). Effectiveness of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in reducing mastectomy for women with breast cancer: analysis of a large national database. Presented as an ePoster discussion session at the Annual Meeting of the American Society for Radiation Oncology, San Antonio, October, 2015.