Jeffrey G. Kuremsky, MD
location_onCaroMont Health – Lincoln Cancer Center
About Dr. Kuremsky
Awards & Affiliations
Wake Forest University
2010 — 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Resident, Department of Radiation Oncology
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
2009 — 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina
Residency, Internal Medicine Prelim
George Washington University
2004 — 2009
School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
1998 - 2002
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
College of Arts and Sciences
Charlotte, North Carolina
Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Southeast Radiation Oncology Group, P.A.
Charlotte, North Carolina
- Lucas JT Jr, Kuremsky JG, Comparison of accelerated hypofractionation and stereotactic body radiotherapy for Stage 1 and node negative Stage 2 non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).Lung Cancer, 85(1):59-65 2014
- Bansal N, Mims J, Kuremsky JG, Broad phenotypic changes associated with gain of radiation resistance in head and neck squamous cell cancer. Antioxid Redox Signal 21(2):221-34. 2014
- Kuremsky JG, Chan, MD. Tumor Histology Predicts Patterns of Failure and Survival in Patients with Brain Metastases from Lung Cancer Treated with Gamma Knife Radiosurgery. Neurosurgery. 73(4):641-7, 2013 Oct.
- Kuremsky JG, Tepper JE, McLeod, HL. Biomarkers for response to neoadjuvant chemoradiation for rectal cancer. International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, and Physics. 74 (3): 673-88, 2009 July.
- Kilburn JM, Kuremsky JG, Blackstock AW, Munley MT, Kearns WT, Hinson WH, Lovato JF, Miller AA, Petty WJ, Urbanic JJ. Thoracic re-irradiation using stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) techniques as first or second course of treatment. Radiother Oncolo 110(3):505-510. 2014 Mar
- Lester SC, Taksler GB, Kuremsky JG, Lucas JT Jr, Ayala-Peacock DN, Randolph DM 2nd, Bourland JD, Laxton AW, Tatter SB, Chan MD. Clinical and economic outcomes of patients with brain metastases based on symptoms: an argument for routine brain screening of those treated with upfront radiosurgery. Cancer 120 (3): 433-41. 2014 Feb
- Ayala-Peacock DN, Peiffer AM, Lucas JT, Isom S, Kuremsky JG, Urbanic JJ, Bourland JD, Laxton AW, Tatter SB, Shaw EG, Chan MD. A nomogram for predicting distant brain failure in patients treated with gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery without whole brain radiotherapy. Neuro Oncol. 2014, Feb
- Liu S, Redeye V, Kuremsky JG, Kuhnen M, Molinolo A, Bugge TH, Leppla SH. Intermolecular complementation achieves high-specificity tumor targeting by anthrax toxin. Nature Biotechnology. 23 (6): 725-30, 2005 Jun.
- Liu S, Milne, GT, Kuremsky JG, Fink GR, Leppla SH. Identification of the proteins required for biosynthesis diphthamide, the target of bacterial ADP-ribosylating toxins on translation elongation factor 2. Molecular and Cellular Biology. 24 (21): 9487-97, 2004 Nov.
Selected Meeting Presentations
- Oral Presentation at 54th Annual Meeting of American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology Meeting, October 2012
- Podium presentation at Duquesne University Undergraduate Research Symposium, Summer 2000 and 2001
- Podium presentation at the Duquesne University Graduate Students Association Symposium, Summer 2000
- Poster Presentation at the Pittsburgh Tissue Engineering Initiative Summer Internship Poster Session, Summer 2000 and 2001
- Predictors for Survival in Patients Receiving Gamma Knife Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Breast Carcinoma to the Brain” JG Kuremsky, S Lester, JT Lucas, DM Randolph, S Tatter, MD Chan. Accepted to 54th Annual Meeting of American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology Meeting, September 2013. Selected for “Digital Poster Discussion
- “Hypofractionated Radiotherapy for Stage I and II Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer.” JG Kuremsky, WJ Petty, CJ Hampton, W.H. Hinson, BT Kearns, AW Blackstock, A Miller, JJ Urbanic. Accepted by the 54th Annual Meeting of American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology Meeting, October 2012. Selected for Oral Presentation Ayala-Peacock DN, Peiffer AM, Lucas JT, Isom S, Kuremsky JG A nomogram for predicting distant brain failure in patients treated with gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery without whole brain radiotherapy. Neuro Oncol 16(9):1283-8. 2014