Justin Hart, MD, PhD
location_onRotates to multiple locations
About Dr. Hart
South Carolina Medical License
North Carolina Medical License
Resident, Anderson Cancer Center
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Duke University Medical School
Bachelor of Arts in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Magna Cum Laude
Medical Director, Wellstar Radiation Oncology Clinic at Cobb Hospital
Radiation Oncologist, Wellstar Radiation Oncology Clinic at Cobb Hospital
Radiation Oncologist, North Georgia Radiation Therapy
- Adlakha, C.L., J.P. Hart, and S.V. Pizzo, Kinetics of nonproteolytic incorporation of a protein ligand into thermally activated alpha 2-macroglobulin: evidence for a novel nascent state. J Biol Chem, 2001. 276(45): p. 41547-52.
- Berwin, B., J.P. Hart, S.V. Pizzo, and C.V. Nictitate, Cutting edge: CD91-independent cross presentation of GRP94(gp96)-associated peptides. J Immunol, 2002. 168(9): p. 4282-6.
- Misra, U.K., M. Gonzalez-Gronow, G. Gawdi, J.P. Hart, C.E. Johnson, and S.V Pizzo, The role of Grp 78 in alpha 2-macroglobulin-induced signal transduction. Evidence from RNA interference that the low density lipoprotein receptor-related protein is associated with, but not necessary for, GRP 78-mediated signal transduction. J Biol Chem, 2002. 277(44): p. 42082-7.
- Bradford, W.D., J.P. Hart, and S.V. Pizzo. (2002) Career Characteristics and Increasing Diversity in a Medical Scientist Training Program, 1970-2002. Pathology Education. 26(2): 29-36.
- Fields, R.C., J.G. Schoenecker, J.P. Hart, M.R. Hoffman, S.V. Pizzo, and J.H. Lawson, Protease activated receptor-2 signaling triggers dendritic cell development. Am J Pathol, 2003. 162(6): p. 1817-22.
- Berwin, B., J.P Hart, S. Rice, C. Gass, S.V. Pizzo, S.R. Post, and C.V. Nicchitta, Scavenger receptor-A mediates gp96/GRP94 and calreticulin internalization by antigen-presenting cells. Embo J, 2003. 22(22): p. 6127-36.
- Justin Patrick Hart, M.D., Ph.D. McLachlan, J.B., J.P. Hart, S.V. Pizzo, H.F. Staats, M.D. Gunn, and S.N. Abraham, Mast cell derived tumor necrosis factor induces hypertrophy of draining lymph nodes during infection. Nat Immunol, 2003. 4(12): p. 1199-205.
- Hart, J.P., M.D. Gunn, and S.V. Pizzo, A CD91-positive subset of CDllc+ blood dendritic cells: characterization of the APC that functions to enhance adaptive immune responses against CD91-targeted antigens. J Immunol, 2004. 172(1): p. 70-8.
- Williams, E.A., R.J. Ing, J.P. Hart, J. Jaggers, F.H. Kern, D.M. Craig, and S.V. Pizzo, Soluble alpha2-macroglobulin receptor is increased in endotracheal aspirates from infants and children after cardiopulmonary bypass. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg, 2005. 129(5): p. 1098-103.
- Hart, J.P., G. Broadwater, Z. Rabbani, B.J. Moeller, R. Clough, D. Huang, G.A. Sempowski, M. Dewhirst, S.V. Pizzo, Z. Vujaskovic, and M.S. Anscher, Cytokine profiling for prediction of symptomatic radiation-induced lung injury. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2005. 63(5): p. 1448 54.
- Gurrero, T., V. Johnson, J. Hart, T. Pan, M. Khan, D. Luo, Z. Liao, J. Ajani, C. Stevens, and R. Komaki, Radiation Pneumonitis: Local dose versus [18F)-Fluorodeoxyglucose uptake response in irradiated lung. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys, 2007. 68(4): p. 1030-5.
- McLachlan JB, Shelburne CP, Hart JP, Pizzo SV, Goyal R, Brooking-Dixon R, Staats HF, Abraham SN. Mast cell activators: a new class of highly effective vaccine adjuvants. Nat Med, 2008 May;14(5):536-41.
- Hart, J.P., M. R. McCurdy, M. Ezhil, W. Wei, M. Khan, D. Luo, R.F. Munden, V.E. Johnson, and T.M. Guerrero. Radiation Pneumonitis: Correlation of toxicity with pulmonary metabolic radiation response. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2008 Jul 15;71(4):967-71.
Selected Meeting Presentations
- Hart, J.P., Z.N. Rabbani, L.P. Hale, L. Chen, J. Wu, O. Craciunescu, M.W. Dewhirst MW, S.V. Pizzo, M.S. Anscher, and Z. Vujaskovic, (2004) The serine protease inhibitor camostat mesilate increases the incidence of lethal gastrointestinal toxicity following radiation therapy. Radiation Research Society Annual Meeting (St. Louis, MO). Poster and oral poster discussion.
- Hart, J.P., Z.N. Rabbani, S.V. Pizzo, Z. Vujaskovic, and M.S. Anscher, (2004) Cytokine profiling to predict radiation-induced lung injury. ASTRO Annual Meeting (Atlanta, GA). Oral presentation
- Hart, J.P., T. Guerrero, V. Johnson, M. Khan, D. Luo, T. Pan, J. Ajani, E.L. Travis, R. Komaki, Z. Liao. , et al.,Radiation Pneumonitis: Correlation of Clinical Toxicity with Pulmonary [18F] Fluorodeoxyglucose Uptake Dose Response. Poster Discussion Session, 2007 ASTRO, (Los Angeles, CA).
- Justin Patrick Hart, M.D., Ph.D. Hart, J.P. , J. Carpenter, N. Patel, D. Valdecanas, K. Mason & L. Milas. CpG Oligodeoxynucleotides (CPG ODN) Immunotherapy Enhances Tumor Radioresponse: Systemic Effects and Mechanisms. Poster Discussion Session, 2008 ASTRO, (Boston, MA).
- Hart, J.P., J. Carpenter, N. Patel, D. Valdecanas, K. Mason & L. Milas. CpG Oligodeoxynucleotides (CPG ODN) Immunotherapy Enhances Tumor Radioresponse: Systemic Effects and Mechanisms. Paper Presentation, 2008 RSNA (Chicago, IL).